Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Snowpiercer - The Graphic Novel

I think the language does matter because in order to understand what the author is trying to get you to understand about the story, you need to understand the language which includes the dialogue and dialect.  I believe we could understand this graphic novel in any language because we have the illustrations.  We may not be able to understand it 100% but I believe we could determine what is happening for the most part.  This book can be appealing to many cultures because it is relatable.  This situation could happen to anyone regardless of where you are in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Okay -- I wonder, too, if the pictures are explicit enough. It's true; the language "anchors" the meaning of the images, but images need to carry emotional impact. I wonder if you can see that, and explain it more specifically.

    ReplyDelete