Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Ending scene response: had trouble commenting on actual post

Ending Scene:
 I want to believe that Lenard isn't the killer, but after watching this a third time and now reading it. I am having second thoughts. I do believe that Lenny could be the killer because after seeing the way Teddy tries to tell Lenny the truth and he puts "Don't believe his lies" on Teddy's photograph. No sooner after he does that, he begins writing down Teddy's license plate number for a tattoo idea. Why? For what reason did he need to do that when he didn't even have enough information at that time to think it could be him. To top it off, Lenny burns the photos while he is in the car. Knowing that he wont remember he did that when he wakes up again. Not only does he tamper with his own evidence, he does it with his clues as well. As far as Sammie Jenkins is concerned, I do believe that there is a slight chance that Lenny could have had him as a client before his accident. But what are the odds of Lenny being diagnosed with the same condition as Sammie? I mean come on. I think that Lenny conjured up all of these other stories in order to hide what he has done. He tries to give himself purpose, but by tampering with his evidence and clues he only furthers himself from any real purpose in life,

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that burning of the photo is very deliberate, and it suggests he is creating his own forgetfulness. As I think I say otherwise, it's almost as if Lenny's motto becomes: lest of all, don't forget to forget.

    ReplyDelete