Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Cornell Woolwrich's It Had To Be Murder

I think the story “It Had to be Murder” is very suspenseful throughout it because you never know what’s going to happen next. This man was temporally cripple and was only able to access two spots of his room. He could go from his bed to the window and back so the only thing he could do was to stare out the window. He began to watch this guy in another apartment by looking through his window. I personally think he was wrong for looking through the man’s window because the guy was in his house. Watching someone in the streets or walking around outside I think is one thing but when there in there house I feel like your invading on their privacy. Why should someone feel scared to walk around there house thinking oh someone’s watching me through my windows? From him watching this man through his window he assumes this man has committed a murder. This story reminds me of this movie called Disturbia where this boy is on house arrest and he can’t leave his house so he watches the guy next door through his binoculars and witnesses a murder. 

3 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about Disturbia! It reminded me so much of that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking Disturbia too but couldn't think of the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEll, I don't know Disturbia, but I'm intrigued by your points. The story brings up the idea of "front" and "rear" in the apartment -- front is more public, perhaps, rear, more private. But in Hal's world, he's focusing on the rear of the apartment buildings, which are typically not for show. The film does a similar thing when it considers "Rear Window Ethics."

    ReplyDelete