Thursday, February 25, 2016

It Had to be Murder

"It Had To Be Murder" was fairly interesting. Although it was somewhat confusing at times, I don't to discredit it by saying it was not written well. Similar to Mr. Kane, the protagonist has more to him than what's on the surface. People tend to be obsessed with watching other people.  For example "reality tv" has taken over television these days.  This seems to be all in his head but I'm not sure what to believe.  This reminds me of an episode of Law and Order.  Did he really kill her for the insurance money?  Did any of this really happen?  These are the questions I kept asking myself as I read this.  I don't want to say that this isn't a true literary work because in my opinion, literature can be many things.  Literature is generally used to inform people of things but I feel like this author made me really think while I was reading this so I'm not going to say that this isn't literature.

1 comment:

  1. A very brief and thoughtful response, Yasminda. Interesting connection to Mr. Kane, through the concept of obsession. I'm also intrigued by your connection to Reality TV today -- another case of people who just want to be voyeurs. I also would like to see more on your feelings about Literature, some time!

    ReplyDelete