Monday, February 8, 2016

"Nuovo Cinema Paradiso" Final Scene





On the exam we took I'm still trying to understand the concept of emotional montage. Last night I had the leisure of watching a very old school movie Cinema Paradiso it was a movie I watch in my film class back in high school and this was a specific scene that I remember. The love montage of all love films that help the main character understand love and wanting to be with his true love. The reason why I choose this film was to show a montage in a film in a film. The Montage help brings out the emotion to show the excitement on movie goers who love romantic films that love is shown through the eyes of the viewer but it also means you

1 comment:

  1. A lovely scene, Earl, and the idea of a film montage within a film is fascinating. There is a bit of a match on object or even eyeliner match going on between the viewer and the film, and this puts us as viewer into the position of the viewer in the film. The result, I believe, is that we share in his emotion, as well as our own.

    ReplyDelete